I am presenting at reCampaign in Berlin today about the online communications around the Brexit vote. I do not have the time to completely and coherently write up what I will say, but here are simply some of the links to pieces I found interesting when doing my research for my presentation.
- Billionaires bought Brexit – they are controlling our venal political system George Monbiot – on campaign finance
- Tories Facebook advertising in 2015 – Buzzfeed
- Why we lost the Brexit vote – Daniel Korski for Politico – this one shows how deluded the Remain side around Cameron was
- Bots, #Strongerin, and #Brexit: Computational Propaganda During the UK-EU Referendum – Oxford and Corvinus study on Twitter bots
- Rejected remain campaign posters revealed by ad agencies – Guardian – on what the Remain campaign could have looked like
- (treat with caution) On the referendum #20: the campaign, physics and data science – Vote Leave’s ‘Voter Intention Collection System’ (VICS) now available for all – Dominic Cummings (Vote Leave’s campaign boss) blog
- Google searches after the referendum – from Politico and NPR