Mushroom in kitchen

You never know what you are going to get when you move into a new flat. But mushrooms growing on the kitchen floor is not something I was expecting when I moved to my new place in Walworth. The mushroom pictured – about 3cm high – is actually under the kitchen cabinets. A previous tenant had never been observant enough to realise that the washing machine was leaking and hence there was a damp problem in the corner. Anyway, the washing machine and the wall will be fixed soon by the housing association, and that will also herald the end of the mushrooms!

4 Comments

  1. Pingback: Jon Worth Euroblog » Blog Archive » Rising anger at rising damp (and the rubbish Housing Association)

  2. Ah, no, no cooked breakfasts in 8 Villa Street…

    But the days of the mushrooms are limited – the source of the damp has been located and hence we’ll have dried mushrooms very soon.

  3. Bondwoman

    This is a test comment to see whether it gets through… By the way, did you have a cooked breakfast that morning. Now, there’s sick making.

  4. Ugh. You must have felt a bit queasy when you found that. I once found mushrooms on a shower door that I was nominally in charge of cleaning. The fact that I had a cleaner at the time did make me wonder whether I was wasting my money…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *